Sunday, November 22, 2009

Too Cute Not to Try

I am steadily working on my sewing. I finished converting a 3-6 month dress into a cute skirt for my 18 month old. I made it up as I went, so it by no way looks "professional." Considering her shirts are long enough to cover the top, it looks really cute. I may have to post a picture.

Last year I made my son one of those fleece blankets that require no sewing, but a lot of knots. I have the fleece to make my daughter one as well. This will be the project for next weekend; especially since the fleece has been in my house for a year now.

I have found that fleece is wonderful. You can cut it and do not really have to finish the edges. It will not fray. With that in mind, I came accross this blog: Mad Quilter. She states that the pattern she is providing is for 6 month olds. Well, my 18 month old is pettite. She had a doctor's appointment last week and is now up to the shocking weight of 20 lbs 5 oz. With that said, I make the smock out of a red fleece blanket I purchased at Wal Mart on sale for $4.00. It looks so cute. I have to take a picture...like always... I am considering making a second one as a christmas present for a friend. Now to find out how to adjust a pattern to a larger size. Got to love the internet!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment