Friday, November 22, 2013

Birthday Party

Last week we had the 2nd birthday for my son. I love throwing parties. I love having a bunch of little kids running around, having a good time. I do not enjoy the cleaning up, but the other stuff really rocks.

I LOVE Pintrest when it comes to party ideas. I created a board just for his birthday. The theme was Winnie the Pooh.

Since I had the theme for months, I was able to really take advantage of Goodwill and other secondhand stores. I picked up all the stuffed animals that where Pooh related I could find. I then would wash them and put them in a bin. I also scooped up all the Pooh books. Instead of giving the kids a goody bag full of junk toys and candy (that they don't need since Halloween was not that long ago) I decided to give them a toy and book. My sister-in-law gave me some treat boxes she had left over from her son's birthday. Into these boxes I put a fruit chew bag and a cellophane bag with some honey teddy grahams.

One of the pooh books I purchased was older and a little warped. I took advantage of this fact to give myself permission to cut up the book. I used the pages to make a couple of banner. The first banner was for my son's name. The second banner consisted of pages with character drawings. I used this banner just to decorate. Did you know that you can sew book pages to ribbon on your sewing machine? I did not, but thought I would try it. Well, I was surprised when it worked so well.

 
 




I made a number for the front door and some honeycomb pattern to go on the wall. I also used pictures from a Pooh calendar to decorate. I finished it off with a beehive I found at Goodwill (I made bees for it), some picked fence food labels, a barrel for the silverware and I was done.

I will post some of the pictures and maybe a "how to" of the decorations.

Thanks for stopping by!!

All the best,

No comments:

Post a Comment