Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Serious Sewing

Yesterday I finished a sewing project I started a few weeks ago. I found a great pattern for a purse at this blog: Artsy-crafty babe.

What is true of all people who have been sewing for a while...and know what they are doing...they make everything seem easy. Such is the case with this bag. I thought, sure I can do that. Well, I can, but it does not look as good as hers.

I am very proud of myself for starting and finishing a project I found challenging. I did not give up or decide to do something else. (I did leave off doing the "darts" on the bag...but maybe next time.) When I look at my finished project, I can see all the flaws. But then again, I guess that's what makes it truly mine. One more thing, it actually has pockets on the inside; on both sides. I did foget to add those before I put the lining together, but then again, what fun would it have been if I had done it the easy way. (I thought of something after I posted this: Maybe if I had picked a different fabric, not stripes, this would have easier. I spent so much time making sure the stripes matched up and where centered.)


No comments:

Post a Comment