Tuesday, October 27, 2009

DONE - Flower Mobile

I finished the flower mobile!!!!!!

It took longer than a couple of naps and I ended up needing to cut more flowers then I thought, but it is finished.

The cost was minimal:
$4.00 for the plant stand at Big Lots. (which is the top)
$2.00 for sticky squares at the dollar store (in stead of using glue)
$0.00 for the white paper
$0.00 for the dental floss (I used the samples my dentist gave me)
I am so happy with the result.
I purchased felt at the dollar store, who knows, I may make another one.

Thursday, October 22, 2009


I can't help feeling a little overwhelemed today. I have so many things I really want to get finished, and can't seem to find the time. Here is my list:

1. Finish the flower mobile for my little girl's room.
2. Transform 4 onsies into t-shirts. (I hate the snaps on the bottom.)
3. Transform a couple of dresses into skirts.
4. Make pair of baby jeans from some of mine that ripped.
5. Finish 4 sets of baby leggings.
6. Do wall art for my baby girl's room.
7. Finish some hair bows.
8. Edit and upload pictures to Walgreens to print.
9. Scan high school and jr high pictures.
10. Get the wireless router to work. (HATE working on this problem.)

NOTICE how most of this is stuff to "finish?" I get started, get interrupted, and don't get back to it.

I am curious to see how long it will take me to get this list done. The only time I can really work on this stuff is nap time...so probably a year or so. hahahaha

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quick Flower Clip

I wanted to put a clip in my little girls hair to cover her rubber band. The problem is, I don't have any hair bows finished. (I have a bunch started. Like an embarassing amount of them started but not finished.)

So I made her a flower hair clip. I have seen them all over and they always look so cute. I am not kidding, this took me a few minutes to make.

I had all of the supplies already. Flower, brad, clip - no glue needed.

I took apart the flower and insterted the brad through the hole.

I then put the back side of the brad through the open clip.

Flatten the brad legs and slide the flower back. That was it!!!!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009


I know, I know...two blogs in one day, what is wrong with you? But this has nothing to do with the mug cake, but I did want to share my work in progress.

I saw this the other day and knew I had to have it.

(From PB Teen)

Problem is, it's $69. All I could think was "they're felt flowers...really that's how much you want me to pay?" So I am in the process of making one which has so far cost me $4.00 for a plant stand at big lots.

This is what I am dedicating nap time today and tomorrow. I hope to be finished by the end of the week. Hope to have some pictures to show soon.

Yummy - have to try

SO I have this recipe I found on a blog (here it is) ...I have not tried it yet...only because I am scared I will make one of these a day and be in major trouble. But there is no harm in sharing a good thing.

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoon chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the mil and oil and mix well. Add chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed. Allow to cool a little and tip out onto plate if desired. The mug is hot when removing from microwave so be careful.

Monday, October 12, 2009

More Sewing

Recently, my husband cleaned out his side of the closet. Most of what he took out where scrubs that did not fit right. Now I have them in my stash of material for crafts.

With all the baby leggings and the towel dresses I have made my daughter, my son was feeling a little left out. He told me the other day that "nobody makes things for me." Well, his guilt trip worked. I asked him if he wanted a pair of pants like daddy's work pants.

My first attempt was not bad, but not great either. The pant legs where a little slim and the length was a bit short. He ran around in them, really happy, but I had to make a second pair.

The second pair came out really good. I was proud of myself. I had to take the side pockets off since they where in the way of where I was cutting. I decided to just leave them as they where, and add them to the sides of the pants. They actually work a little like knee pads and pockets.

Here is a picture.

I can't wait to try something else new.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sewing Crafts

I can't believe I have been gone for so long.

Colder weather is heading our way, which reminded me that I really have very little cold weather outfits for my 1 year old. The problem is that she is 16 months and still wearing 12 month old clothes. Pants are a mess...even her 12 month old fit her long.

Anyways, I have decided that she can wear shorts and skirts for as long as possible with baby leggings. I just love making them and have found some really cute over the knee socks during the summer, on clearance, at Target. That is what I have been doing with my free time.

Also, I came across this great idea in this great blog. She turned a set of Halloween kitchen towels into a little dress for her daughter. I LOVED the idea and did the same. She used the kitchen towel is the size it was. Because my little one is so short, I had to cut a couple of inches of the top before I sewed the casing for the ribbon. Still the project was really quick. Especially since I am a novice sewer.

I only have pictures of the orange one...I will have to take some of the purple.