Friday, February 12, 2010

It's COLD outside

We had a record breaking snow fall yesterday here in the DFW area of North Texas. 12 1/2 inches!!

Of course, living in Texas, my daughter does not have a winter hat. I always have fleece laying around. I like to buy inexpensive fleece blankets to cut up when I want to try a pattern.

I went online to find a pattern for a fleece hat for my little girl. I did not find a pattern that I liked. Then I thought about a scarf. Through the magic of internet I ran across a "hooded scarf." On about.com I found a great pattern.

Like always, the great thing about fleece is that you don't have to finish the edges. I did add some ribbon around the hood to be tied around the neck. I spent more time ironing the ribbon in half and pinning into place than sewing it.

Great quick project, easy to follow instructions and beginner sewing skills OK. How great would this look with a pom pom on the top, or ribbon around the whole scarf, or in PINK!!

















Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment