Sunday, January 3, 2010

Furniture Re-do

With the holidays, I had to clear off my dinning room table of my sewing stuff. Recently I purchased a desk on craigslist for $15. I have been been in the process of redoing the desk. I was almost finished sanding  when I realized that I need to sand the inside (where your legs go) of the desk as well.
I have only been able to work on it a couple of hours every few days. Having two little ones does not make this easy work. I would let my daughter play outside while I work, but the weather has gotten cold. I was hoping to have the desk finished by the new year...oh well, maybe I can finish before the end of January. The reality is that I want my garadge back. I hate having to park in the driveway.
I did find out a couple of interesting things about the desk since I got it. The brand was sold by Sears from 1940 to the early 1960s. The hardware of the desk is brass; solid and tarnished.



So here is a picture of my desk before:



































No comments:

Post a Comment