Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Making a doll area wall or floor

I have been spending quality time with Pintrest looking at American Girl crafts. I noticed that it is common to make an American Doll play area since a doll house needed for 18" dolls is huge.
On a trip to our local Dollar Tree I noticed they had some decal back splash which would make a great floor.
With a dollar store foam core and a decal back splash I made a floor/ wall for my daughter.
I lined up the decal on one corner of the board. I attached this corner and slowly pulled away the decal back. I had to apply a little tension to prevent bubbles.
Here is the package
I pulled the backing off slowly to prevent bubbles.
Finished!
In all the project took a few minutes and my daughter loves it! I picked up some wood grain contact paper for $2.00 at Big Lots. Just need another foam board and I have another floor/wall...think 70s wood paneling.  

Here is the finished foam board in action!! Bet I could l make it too sided as well. Enjoy :)
Here it is as a wall.
Here it is as a floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment